Friday, February 6, 2009

Dumb things make me super happy.

So I am a huge sucker for coincidences. Not that I have any particular way of viewing them: they could be messages from God or the universe anonymously patting me on the back and saying, "Go get 'em, girl!" or just, you know, things co-inciding, i.e., falling together. I don't know. I just think they're sweet.

Also, I hate flying. If I thought the Peace Corps would let me float to Africa on a little wooden raft, I'd do it so much more happily.

And finally, my birthday is April 5th, 1986. Or 4/5/86. Or 4586, if you're just not that into punctuation.

Before this risks looking like one of those littles memes floating around on Facebook ("25 Totally Absolutely Random Things I Just Happened to Unconsciously Choose that Happen to Make Me Look Mysterious, Sexy, and Smart"), I'll get to my point.

The Peace Corps is flying this new batch of Senegal volunteers from New York City to Dakar. We'll be all snuggled together on flight... 4586.

Lovely.




On an unrelated note, I'd like to give you some statistics:
Percentage of posts in which I mention elephants, St. John's, Kant, Plato, or anything else I'm obsessed with: 0
Percentage of posts which are, in fact, lectures: 50% (Listen, all I'm saying is, it could be worse, because:)
Percentage of the time when I feel the urge to lecture the people around me about elephants, St. John's, Kant, Plato, etc.: 100%

See, guys? Personal growth!

Laterz.

No comments:

Post a Comment